Prepare and generate the Correction Statement XML
If a statement submitted by reporting entity has defects/exceptions, system will prepare a Data Quality Report (DQR) for such statement. The user can download DQR from Reporting Portal or Generic Submission Utility. The next step is to import DQR in Report Generation Utility and rectify the defects.
The step-by-step process to generate correction statement XML is as follows:
- After logging into Reporting Portal, go to Statement > Uploaded Statements. Choose the appropriate parameters (reporting period, submission status, etc.) and click the Search button
- Under the Uploaded Statements section, a list of statements based on the selected parameters appears, divided in two tabs Uploaded Statements and Original Statements.
- The Uploaded Statements tab lists down all the statements uploaded by the Reporting Entity (i.e. Original, Correction, Deletion & NIL statements) with their submission status (accepted, rejected, etc.) and “Statement DQR”. User can view/ download Statement DQR XML for filing a correction statement on such submitted statement. (Refer note below)
- The Original Statements tab lists down all the Original Statements filed by the Reporting Entity. From this section, user can view and download Consolidated Defect DQR for filing a correction statement. (Refer note below)
- Once the relevant DQR is downloaded, open the report generation and validation utility and click View DQR on the utility toolbar.
- Import DQR and the relevant statement XML, information of which is to be rectified.
- Click OK. This displays the message that the relevant XML has been imported successfully.
- The reports from the statement that contain issues (defects/ exceptions) are displayed on the utility.
- The respective issues from each report are highlighted in the Validation Error Details sidebar.
- Select the validation issue user wants to fix, make the required changes and click “Save”.
- Click the Statement (Part A) tab.
- From the Statement Type drop-down list, select CB – Correction statement containing correction for previously submitted information.
- Mention the statement ID of the original Statement which is being corrected in the “Original Statement ID” field.
- Click Generate XML on the toolbar to generate the corrected statement’s XML.
Statement DQR is specific to the particular submitted statement against which it is visible and will not update post submission of a correction/ deletion statement on the original statement.
Consolidated Defect DQR displays defects in the original statement which are still pending for resolution. The submitted correction/ deletion statement (if any) is also considered for generating this DQR.
Prepare and generate the Deletion Statement XML
The facility has been provided to the reporting entities to delete previously submitted reports. Deletion of information can only be done in the following scenarios:
- Deletion of Reports as they were not required to be reported
- Deletion of Reports as they are already reported in other/same statement (Duplicate reporting)
- Others (Remarks are mandatory when the user selects this option)
The step-by-step process to generate deletion statement XML is as follows:
- In the Report generation utility, Click the Open button and browse the original statement XML.
- Click the Statement (Part A) tab and from the Statement Type drop-down list, select DB – Deletion Statement for deletion of the previously submitted information.
- Mention the statement ID of the original Statement in the Original Statement ID field from which the reports are being deleted.
- Mention the Report serial number and the original report serial number for the relevant reports.
- Note that the deletion statement should contain only those reports which are to be deleted from the original statement. Reports which are not to be deleted from the original statement should be removed from populated XML in the utility. Accordingly, select the row and click on Delete Row to remove such reports from the utility.
- Click Generate XML on the toolbar to generate the deletion statement’s XML.
- Submit the deletion statement on Reporting Portal.