- New taxpayer-friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns(ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimizing data entry effort;
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, and chatbot/live agent;
- All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on Mobile App which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on a mobile network;
- A new online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, Credit Card, and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
In preparation for this launch and for migration activities, the existing portal of the Department at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in would not be available to taxpayers as well as other external stakeholders for a brief period of 6 days i.e. from1stJune, 2021 to 6th June 2021.
In order to avoid any inconvenience to taxpayers, the Department will not fix any compliance dates during this period. Further, directions have been issued to fix hearing of cases or compliances only from 10th June 2021 onwards, to give taxpayers time to respond to the new system. If any hearing or compliance which requires submissions online has been scheduled during this period, the same will be preponed or adjourned and the work items would be rescheduled after this period.
Taxpayers are encouraged to complete all their urgent tasks involving any submission, upload, or downloads before 1st June 2021 to avoid any difficulty during the blackout period.
The Department requests the patience of all taxpayers and other stakeholders during the switchover to the new e-filing portal and the subsequent initial period while they get familiarized with the new system. This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders.
Income Tax Department to launch its new e-filing portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf on 7th June, 2021.
Existing ITD portal ie https://t.co/EGL31K6szN would not be available to taxpayers/other stakeholders for a brief period of 6 days i.e. from 1st June, 2021 to 6th June, 2021.(1/2) pic.twitter.com/hDHyIbMRKZ
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) May 20, 2021
The Central Board of Direct Taxes is all set to launch a new E-Filing Portal on 7th June 2021. Thus, in preparation for the launch and migration activities, the existing portal will be unavailable from 1st June 2021 to 6th June 2021. Read the official circular issued below:
Subject: Launch of New E-filing Portal of the Income Tax Department – Non-availability of e-Filing services from 01.06.2021 to 06.06.2021 Reg.
The Income Tax Department is going to launch its new E-filing portal https://incometax.gov.in/ on June 7th, 2021. In preparation for this launch and for migration activities, the existing portal or the Department at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/. would not be available for a brief period of 6 days from 1st June to 6th June 2021.
Officers in the field including AOs, CIT (A), PCIT interact with taxpayers through E-proceedings over the E-filing portal directly or through the NeAC/NFAC for:
Issue of Notices, SCNs and getting a response to various E-Proceedings
- Conducting Video conference or adjournments
- Issuing Questionnaires, summons. letters etc
- Responding to E-Nivaran or Outstanding Tax demand etc.
- Communicating final orders in Assessment. Appeals. Exemption. Penalties etc.
Apart from this Officers access the F-filing portal to view ITRs, Statutory forms. MIS etc.
In preparation for the transition to the new system, the existing E-filing portal will NOT be available to both taxpayers as well as Departmental Officers for a period of 6 days from 1st June to 6th June 2021. Hence, it is requested that all officers may be immediately informed about this so that they may not fix any compliance dates during this period. All Officers may be directed to fix any hearing or compliances only from June 10th onwards to give taxpayers time to respond to the new system. If they have already scheduled any hearing or compliance which requires submissions online during this period, they may prepone or adjourn the hearing and reschedule the work items after this period, etc.
They may also view/ download any submissions in E-proceedings prior to June 1st and the PDF of any ITRs and non-ITR forms that may be needed by them in advance so that they can continue to work in the ITBA system including completion of assessment proceedings where no further interaction with the taxpayer is necessary. It is clarified that the ITBA system and the CPC systems will continue to function for assessment-related functions. All Orders, notices issued during this period, however, will be made visible to the taxpayer only after the new portal goes live on June 7th, 2021
I would also encourage all Officers to complete all their urgent tasks involving interactions with taxpayers prior to June 1st to avoid the blackout period or typical initial teething issues in the transition. I would like to thank all officers for their patience during the switchover to the new E-filing portal of the Department and seek your good wishes