The Income Tax (I-T) department will launch a new ‘taxpayer friendly’ income tax e-filing portal- www.incometax.gov.in, on 7 June. “In preparation for this launch and for migration activities, the existing portal of the department at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in would not be available for a brief period of six days from June 1 to 6,” the order said.
“The new e-filing portal (http://incometax.gov.in) is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. It is another step by CBDT to provide ease of compliance to its taxpayers & other stakeholders,” the Income Tax department tweeted from its official handle.
Income Tax Department to launch its new e-filing portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf on 7th June, 2021.
Existing ITD portal ie https://t.co/EGL31K6szN would not be available to taxpayers/other stakeholders for a brief period of 6 days i.e. from 1st June, 2021 to 6th June, 2021.(1/2) pic.twitter.com/hDHyIbMRKZ
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) May 20, 2021
Here are the features of the new income tax e-filing portal:
- The new taxpayer-friendly portal shall be integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer.
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available offline and online with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimum data entry effort.
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, etc.
- All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on the mobile app which will be enabled subsequently for full access on the mobile network.
- A new online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options such as net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT, and other modes.